Orthodontics in San Antonio, TXWhen you need more than simply a routine dental check-up, Brooks Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics is here to help for a straight, healthy smile you can show off with pride. Straight teeth don’t only improve your smile, but they’re important for maintaining a straight bite and healthy jaw to improve speech and prevent future dental problems. As a practice, we value trust. By offering both services in one place, you know we’ll have your care at the top of our minds in a fully coordinated effort at a familiar place. With your dentist and orthodontist working together, you can expect the full attention and personalized care you and your children deserve for a winning, healthy smile. Contact Us
What is Orthodontics?Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry focused on correcting issues with misaligned teeth. We use a combination of braces, clear aligners like Invisalign®, retainers, and other appliances to move teeth into their correct positions for a straight, healthy smile. Treatment can be used to resolve underbites, overbites, crooked teeth, crowding, spacing, and teeth impacting. The benefits of orthodontic treatment include improved oral health, increased confidence in smiling and speaking, enhanced facial appearance, and prevention of other dental issues. Teeth will also be better-positioned for good hygiene practices such as brushing and flossing, which can reduce the risk of cavities and build solid, lifelong habits.
InvisalignWe understand how important a straight smile is and how intimidating the process can be for children to get there. It’s the reason we’re happy to offer Invisalign® for kids as our orthodontic treatment of choice for a stress-free journey to your child’s new smile. Invisalign® uses clear, custom-fitted aligners that are placed over their teeth so they can keep your smile while improving it day-by-day. Compared to traditional braces, Invisalign® is a more comfortable solution that avoids wires and brackets that require tightening over time. Start your child on the path to a beautiful, healthy smile today!
Benefits of Invisalign
- Clear and virtually invisible: Invisalign uses a clear plastic that makes them virtually invisible to where others won’t even know you’re wearing them.
- Eat what you want: Since Invisalign is removable, there’s no need to restrict the foods you eat.
- Less trips to the orthodontist: We love to see you, but with no regular tightening required like traditional braces you can correct your teeth with less trips to the orthodontist.
- Removable: Invisalign can be removed at any time for easy eating, brushing, and flossing.
- More comfortable: Compared to metal brackets and wires, Invisalign is made from a smooth and flexible plastic that’s custom fitted for your comfort.
- Better hygiene: Invisalign can be removed for regular brushing and flossing to maintain teeth health while they’re aligned.